The watermelon weight loss method is a seasonal weight loss method, which belongs to a rigid single diet, because only striped berries are eaten during the compliance period. At the same time, the serving size depends on the weight and is calculated according to the following ratio: 1 kg of pulp per 10 kg of body weight.
It is recommended to practice the watermelon diet during the natural ripening period of the berries-late August-early September.
The principle of watermelon weight loss is to remove excess water from the body. To stay hydrated, drink 1. 5 liters of herbal tea and purified water throughout the day. It is best not to drink alcohol and carbonated drinks.
The hometown of striped berry is South Africa, where it still grows today. People have cultivated this culture since the time of ancient Egypt, and often kept it in the tomb of the pharaohs for consumption by the ruler of the next life. In addition, watermelon is mentioned in medical recipes, because the Arabs believe that this berry can cleanse the body and help "eliminate" diseases from it.
The composition and value of "stripe" products
- Water-90%. The high liquid content in berries can produce strong diuretic and choleretic effects. For this reason, watermelon is considered the best ingredient for fast eating and fasting days. In addition, watermelon accelerates the metabolic process, removes kidney stones, removes toxins from the digestive tract, and improves intestinal peristalsis.
- Sugar-12%. These include: sucrose, fructose, glucose.
- Minerals-potassium, calcium, sodium, iron. 250 grams of watermelon contains a daily intake of magnesium, which is especially important for people with arterial hypertension. This trace element is involved in the absorption of calcium, sodium and potassium. In addition, it is also an excellent antidepressant, which prevents the formation of stones, helps muscles and nerves to function, and prevents salt deposits in the body.
- Pectin and alkaline substances. At the same time, dietary fiber, which is part of berries, can lower cholesterol levels. Because of this feature, it is recommended that people with cardiovascular system problems consume a watermelon diet for 4 days.
- A, C, B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6, B9).
- Fiber normalizes the digestive tract.
- Antioxidants (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, ascorbic acid, carotene, lycopene) these substances protect the body from age-related damage. The high content of lycopene (25 mg per 1 kg of berries) used to treat male infertility determines the fact that the 7-day watermelon diet is popular among half of people with sexual problems.
Because it is rich in useful trace elements and vitamins, striped berries can be used to treat obesity, heart disease, gastritis, Botkin's disease, high blood pressure, anemia, gout, arthritis, gallbladder disease, atherosclerosis, nosebleeds, psoriasis, kidneystone.
Advantages and disadvantages
The watermelon diet allows you to lose weight and improve your physical health. Many doctors’ reviews indicate the effectiveness of this weight loss program.
Why the watermelon diet is useful:
- Remove excess fluid from the body.
- Improve metabolism.
- Eliminate alcohol free radicals and intestinal toxins in the body.
- No large financial investment is required.
- Stimulate the work of the urinary system.
- Saturate the body with trace elements and vitamins.
- Reduce the risk of cancer cells.
Before starting to use this method to lose weight, it is important to consider that watermelon has a high glycemic index-75. Therefore, when diabetic patients introduce "stripe" products into their diet, it is important to control the dynamics of changes in blood sugar levels.
Perhaps the main disadvantage of the seasonal weight loss method is the inability to provide the body with the nutrients it needs: fat and protein. In addition, according to Malysheva, the watermelon diet promotes the strong release of insulin, which lowers blood sugar levels, leading to increased appetite. Therefore, this weight loss plan often requires a lot of patience and perseverance.
Types of watermelon diet
After eliminating risk factors (contraindications), we continue to adhere to a seasonal diet. First, determine an acceptable weight loss program based on excess weight.
The duration varies from 5 days to 14 days. The tough watermelon weight loss technique does not require pre-preparation of the body for a berry diet. Therefore, you can practice immediately after the initial examination of the digestive tract and heart.
The daily diet includes watermelon and drinking water. At the same time, the use of other products is strictly prohibited.
As an exception, once every 3 days, a shortbread with bran is allowed to be added to the dinner menu.
Particular attention should be paid to getting rid of this food system, because a sharp transition from a low-calorie "striped" diet to a regular diet can increase the risk of weight loss.
This watermelon diet counts as 10 days. The daily menu includes rye bread, cereals, fruits and vegetables in addition to juicy berries.
The positive aspect of the lightweight program is that there is no hunger.
The correct watermelon diet, daily diet.
- Breakfast-watermelon-2-3 slices; honey-1 teaspoon;
- Lunch-croutons with bran-1 piece, watermelon-2. 3 slices;
- Dinner-Pumpkin porridge with stewed vegetables (zucchini, carrots, broccoli) or casserole with apples.
A lighter diet can allow you to lose 5-6 kg in 10 days.
To consolidate the results, after completing this technique, stick to a low-fat, protein-carbohydrate diet:
- Breakfast-boiled turkey breast, bran toast -1 piece, necrotic vegetable salad (radish + cabbage + cucumber + onion), seasoned with lemon juice;
- Lunch-lentil puree, steamed egg rolls, mixed nuts + garlic + boiled beets;
- Afternoon snack-a watermelon;
- Dinner-cheese casserole.
This kind of diet is mild and has the worst effect, because watermelon can only be eaten at breakfast.
Let us consider a preliminary menu of free berry technology every day.
- Breakfast-watermelon-600 grams, honey-1 teaspoon;
- Lunch-roasted vegetables (broccoli, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, sweet pepper) or vegetable soup;
- Dinner-oatmeal with apples or steamed pumpkin with yeast-free bread.
Given that watermelon is consumed once a day, this program is different from other weight loss methods, ensuring a slow weight loss (2-4 kg in 14 days).
A one-month watermelon diet can gradually and painlessly remove toxins from the body and supplement the deficiency of magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, A, B and C vitamins.
During the berry fruiting season, it is good to use this procedure as a basis for your daily diet.
The main condition of the watermelon diet, especially lightness and freedom, is to use 1. 5-2 liters of water during the day. Drinking carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages and store juices is prohibited.
Let us consider in detail the description of combined berry weight loss techniques, their advantages and disadvantages, duration, menu.
Watermelon buckwheat diet
Grain and berry weight loss programs are ideal for a balanced daily diet.
The classic version of watermelon oatmeal lasts for 5-7 days, and the maximum weight loss is 4 kg. This technique, in addition to the presence of juicy berries and buckwheat in the diet, allows moderate consumption of cooked meat or vegetable salad (100 g/day).
- Breakfast-boiled turkey fillet-100 grams, lean buckwheat porridge-200 grams;
- Lunch-fresh vegetable salad (cucumber, tomato, spinach), seasoned with low-fat sour cream-150 g, lean buckwheat-200 g;
The last meal of the night is 4. 5 hours before bedtime.
Watermelon Kefir Diet
This weight loss method is very simple. Alternate consumption of berries (300-400g) and fermented dairy products (200ml) every 3 hours. Kefir has obvious diuretic effect like watermelon and regulates digestibility. Therefore, it can be a reliable assistant for obesity.
The 1-day kefir and watermelon diet is a great choice for unloading the body every week.
It is strictly forbidden for people with excessive gastric juice to carry out this weight loss plan.
Cucumber and watermelon diet
Cucumber-watermelon weight loss for 14 days means consuming 1 kg of green vegetables and 1 kg of berry pulp every day, and drinking plenty of water. In addition, you can eat rye bread at night-1 slice, and drink kefir-200 ml.
In view of the meager diet, during this period, you should avoid strenuous physical activity in the gym, take multivitamins, rest more (sleep at least 8 hours a day), and stay outdoors for longer periods of time.
Many people who lose weight are curious about how much weight can be lost by this watermelon diet method?
Adhering to a berry and vegetable diet for 14 days can cause a sharp weight loss of 15 kg.
The contraindications of this technique are: kidney failure, gastric ulcer, gastritis with excessive gastric secretion.
Watermelon and apple diet
Fruit and berry weight loss programs are most popular in the fall of the year. Usually, its duration is 5 days and the weight loss is 3-4 kg.
During weight loss, 0. 8-1 kg of apples and 1-1. 5 kg of watermelon should be consumed daily based on body weight. Fruits are best eaten fresh, but as long as there are no fillings, they can be baked.
Since apple juice has a strong stimulating effect on the stomach, fruit and berry techniques should not be practiced in the presence of gastritis and ulcers.
Watermelon protein diet
The duration of the program is 14 days, with a weight loss of 10 kg. This diet involves alternating watermelon pulp and protein products.
Protein-watermelon diet for 2 weeks-a nutritional system consisting of two popular weight loss methods. The essence is that due to the choleretic effect of watermelon, protein can burn fat and actively remove toxins and decay products, thereby making the body highly saturated.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner for two weeks are "protein", and the rest time between meals is "watermelon". At the same time, the amount of berries for a snack is 400-500 grams. During this period, the diet should be based on the following products: eggs, low-fat cheese, boiled chicken fillet, steamed fish, 0% kefir, low-fat cheese (up to9%), turkey meatballs, casseroles, seafood.
The contraindications of the berry protein diet include: cholelithiasis, renal failure, gastrointestinal diseases, allergies to protein products, gout, hypertension, and pyelonephritis.
In view of the wide range of needs for this diet plan, we will consider this method of weight loss in detail.
The berry diet is one of the most "sugar" weight loss programs. Eating watermelon and melon every day, within a week, lose 4 kilograms of weight.
Benefits and harms of pumpkin crops
Like watermelon, cantaloupe belongs to the category of low-calorie food, within 100g. The fruit only contains 33 calories. As it contains sodium, chlorine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, iron, vitamin A, C, PP, B1, B2, it is recommended for anemia, arteriosclerosis, exhaustion, digestive system diseases, bladder diseases, liver problems, kidney stones. . .
Melon improves blood circulation, calms the nervous system, normalizes heart function, reduces cholesterol, breaks down fat, increases hemoglobin, and strengthens the immune system. Combined with watermelon, it helps to clean, remove toxins and reduce its toxicity.
In order to allow the body to take in a lot of trace elements and reduce weight at the same time, it is important to eat berries every 3 hours. The most important thing is not to drink anything. One hour after eating snacks, you can drink unsweetened green tea (a cup) or a glass of water.
Because berries contain a lot of sugar (18%), diabetic patients should not use the watermelon-melon diet for weight loss.
How much did you lose?
If you eat pumpkins regularly, you can lose 3-4 kg per week. The recommended duration of the melon diet is 9 days.
The berry technique is based on the principle of alternating three diets.
Let us consider in detail what can be eaten on this watermelon diet.
Diet number 1
- Breakfast-toast-2 pieces, low-fat cheese-60 grams, melon-200 grams;
- Lunch-boiled fish-150 grams, berry vegetable salad-200 grams. (Melon-150g. , lettuce leaves-3 slices, low-calorie cheese 9% -50g. ), seasoned with lemon juice-1 teaspoon;
- Afternoon tea-watermelon-400g.
- Dinner-melon-1 slice, brown rice porridge-150 grams, carrot and apple salad-100 grams.
Diet number 2
- Breakfast-boiled eggs-1 piece, watermelon-150 grams, unsweetened green tea-1 cup;
- Lunch-melon-400 grams, stewed vegetable salad (carrots, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes)-100 grams, ice water-150 ml;
- Afternoon tea-cheese 0%-200 ml.
- Dinner-boiled chicken breast or turkey fillet-100 grams, watermelon-400 grams, toast-2 pieces.
Diet number 3
- Breakfast-watermelon-400 grams, low-fat yogurt-150 ml;
- Lunch-steamed chicken fillet-100g, winter melon-400g, brown rice porridge-150g;
- Afternoon tea-green tea-1 cup, bran bread-1 piece;
- Dinner-Salad (cucumber + spinach + radish + sweet pepper)-150 grams, boiled potatoes-1 piece, watermelon or melon-400 grams.
Throughout the weight loss phase, it is important to drink 1 cup of herbal tea or green tea and 1. 5 liters of purified water every day.
Diet during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a special physiological state of the body. In this state, the body is rich in vitamins and trace elements, which is particularly important for the overall development of the baby. This is why during the fall of the year, mothers-to-be will eat watermelon to lose weight, which allows them to fully supplement the useful nutrients they lack. In addition, this food system helps to remove toxins and excess fluid accumulated in the intestines.
The essence of the diet is to consume watermelon pulp during the day, the amount does not exceed 5 kg/day, and it is important to monitor the health of pregnant women.
It is necessary to observe the following menu for 10 days:
- Breakfast-oatmeal-200g, hard cheese 9%-100g;
- Lunch-cooked poultry or fish fillets-200 grams, cucumber, cabbage, carrot salad-150 grams, 9% hard cheese-50 grams.
For pregnant women, the greatest danger of a watermelon diet is high levels of nitrates, which are usually found in immature berries. These carcinogens are not only harmful to the mother's health, but also harmful to the developing baby.
It is recommended that following these recommendations will protect mothers and children from nitrate poisoning.
- Ripe fruits should be selected first, and they will make a pleasant sound when tapped.
- Fruit purchases must be done in a trusted retail store away from the road.
- Before use, the bacteria that accumulate on the surface of the watermelon must be thoroughly cleaned with a brush and soapy water.
- The highest concentration of nitrate was found in berry skins. This is why, in order to reduce the risk of body poisoning, it is recommended that mothers-to-be do not eat 2-3 cm of pulp around the carcass.
- You need to store the cut watermelon for no more than one day.
- To check the quality of the berries, put a slice in the water for 15 minutes. A change in liquid color usually indicates a high nitrate content in the product. Pregnant women are strictly prohibited from eating such fruits.
Eating watermelon during the peak season (late August to September) is the safest way to clean the body of expectant mothers.
Watermelon diet and diabetes
Regardless of the type of diabetes, people with metabolic disorders and insufficient glucose absorption are forced to follow a special diet. The diet almost completely excludes the use of sugar, spicy, spicy and fatty foods, bakeries, and candies. However, for the full function of the body, the brain tissue needs carbohydrates.
The best source of natural sugar is watermelon pulp. This berry contains the most beneficial simple sugar-fructose. For the assimilation of such carbohydrates, there is usually no need to produce large amounts of insulin.
The watermelon diet for type 1 diabetes is approved, provided that the daily bread unit is calculated. A person’s daily diet should be low-glycemic index foods. 150 grams of watermelon pulp is 1 unit of bread. However, the ability of people with diabetes to handle various sugars directly depends on the severity of the pathology.
For mild type 2, the permissible standard for the use of berries is 250-300 grams per day, because type II diabetes does not require the systematic use of insulin. If you follow the watermelon weight loss method, it is enough to calculate the bread units that enter the body during the day. In the case of rejecting products containing similar amounts of monosaccharides, the consumption rate of berries can be increased.
Helpful tips for people with diabetes
- Watermelon is low in calories and high in glycemic index. Usually, the use of this berry will cause blood sugar to rise. Therefore, this diet can have a negative impact on the health of people with type 2 diabetes.
- In the presence of this disease, the use of watermelon involves excluding foods that contain a lot of carbohydrates from the daily diet.
- Berries should be added to the menu in small portions. At the same time, it is also important to control the dynamics of changes in blood glucose levels.
- For people with impaired glucose intake, a long watermelon diet is contraindicated.
- It is important to gradually increase pulp consumption. For example, the first day-50g, the second day-100g, and the third day-250. In the case of health deterioration, it is necessary to stop the berry nutrition system.
Before using the watermelon diet, be sure to consult your doctor.
Diet for urolithiasis
The watermelon diet to treat urolithiasis consists of consuming 2. 5 kg of pulp and two to three slices of rye bread every day. At the same time, it is important to drink at least 2 liters of still water every day. The duration of the program is usually 7-10 days.
When starting the treatment of urolithiasis, it is important to remember that its treatment poses a potential threat of complications.
Active cleaning of the excretory system promotes the formation of large amounts of urine, which can push large stones into the ureter and cause renal colic, which is usually eliminated on the operating table.
The presence of phosphate kidney stones is a major contraindication to the watermelon diet.
Complete "Watermelon Therapy"
Usually, at the end of the berry technique, a dilemma appears in front of the dieter: "How to get rid of the watermelon diet correctly to avoid weight gain? " Perhaps this question is the key to every weight loss system, because the effect obtained depends on the correctness of its completion.
Quitting the watermelon diet altogether helps stabilize weight and maintain results.
After completing the berry nutrition system, it is recommended to switch to a protein-carbohydrate diet for 10 days.
The following menus bring the most lasting results:
- Breakfast-300 grams of watermelon pulp;
- Lunch-a slice of cheese (50 grams) or low-fat yogurt, rye toast;
- Lunch-80 grams boiled chicken fillet, vegetable soup or broccoli salad;
- Afternoon snack-300 grams of watermelon pulp and a slice of dry rye bread;
- Dinner-vegetable salad;
- Evening-the pulp of watermelon (1 kg of berries per 30 kg of human body weight).
Frequently asked questions
- How much can you lose on a watermelon diet? Weight loss directly depends on the duration, the type of berry weight loss technique and the strictness of its compliance. If all the conditions are met, an average of 3-5 days "go" 3-4 kg, a week-5-6 kg, 14 days-7-8 kg.
- Is there a watermelon diet that can use juicy berries and fruits at the same time during weight loss? Yes it is. The most popular are the watermelon-apple and watermelon-melon techniques.
- How to diversify the berry diet? While following the watermelon diet, the most popular desserts are refreshing, promoting weight loss, saturating the body with useful minerals, fiber, and vitamins, and acting as an adsorbent.
Consider recipes for making low-calorie foods.
First, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Watermelon-1 piece;
- Mint-some branches;
- Honey-2-3 tablespoons;
- Lemon-1 piece;
- Crushed ice-200 grams.
The order of cooking berry desserts:
- Rinse well, cut the watermelon and remove the seeds from it.
- Put the pulp in a mixing bowl, add lemon juice, honey, crushed ice, and mint.
- Grind the raw materials until smooth.
- Put it in the ice cream maker and let it stand for 2 hours.
When eating, put the adsorbent in a bowl, garnish with mint, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Therefore, the watermelon diet is a seasonal weight loss system that allows you to deal with excess weight quickly and easily.