To understand the nutrition of gastritis, you first need to understand its etiology. The most common cause is the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Due to its structure, this microorganism penetrates the protective barrier in the stomach, attaches to epithelial cells, and damages them as chronic gastritis develops.
Chronic gastritis is one of the most common stomach diseases. It accounts for 85% of all lesions in this organ.
He has gastritis and is allergic to dairy products, eggs, chocolate and other foods.
The gastrointestinal tract is an indivisible system. If one link of the chain is broken, all other links will be violated. Therefore, chronic gastritis is usually related to liver, intestine, and pancreatic dysfunction.
However, the nutritional factors in the occurrence of gastritis today have not played such an important role. However, gastritis may be caused by the following reasons:
- Violation of food rhythm (irregular, sloppy meals, insufficient chewing of food);
- Eating low-quality food;
- Abuse of very spicy foods (pepper, parsley, mustard, vinegar, etc. ), especially when these foods are not suitable for you;
- Marinades, smoked meats, fried foods that are often used;
- Abuse of very hot or very cold food;
- Abuse of alcohol.
Of course, all these factors must be considered in the nutrition of gastritis.
Iron deficiency can also cause gastritis. You can read more about anemia nutrition in the article in the link.
Nutrition for various forms of gastritis
The nutrition of gastritis will depend on its form. There are gastritis with high acidity and gastritis with low acidity.
The acidity of the stomach is determined by the amount of hydrochloric acid produced. If it is too much, the acidity will increase with almost no decrease. A pH meter is used to measure the acidity during the fibrogastroduodenoscopy. But there is a subtle difference: the research is carried out within 20-30 minutes, and our country continues to produce hydrochloric acid. And the introduction of the tube into the stomach is a factor that stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid. In order to more accurately assess gastritis with increased or decreased acidity, it is necessary to monitor the production of hydrochloric acid daily.
|Gastritis butter||5-10 grams per day, if the patient can usually tolerate it, you can|
|Tonsil gastritis||Also watch alone|
|Gastritis milk||Can be medium fat|
|Coconut milk, gastritis oil||Individually|
|Gastritis bread||Possible bad wheat|
|Salmon gastritis||Limited amount, 40-60 grams per day|
|Wheat and gastritis||Bad wheat|
|Avocado gastritis||Limited amount, 30 grams per day|
|Mackerel gastritis||Limited amount, 40-60 grams per day|
|Trout and gastritis||Limited amount, 40-60 grams per day|
Nowadays, the nutrition of gastritis should be personalized according to the individual tolerance of the product. Wheat and fat are limited. that's all. We also restrict coffee, alcohol, and nicotine. A person should avoid foods that cause pain and discomfort alone.
There are general nutritional principles for gastritis:
- Cooking method-best boil, stew, bake in a sleeve without forming a very fried crust. You need to cook in a non-stick pan or use non-stick paper. Fat in the form of butter or coconut oil should be added to light meals.
- Food should also be softened mechanically-in soup or eaten with chopped food.
- If you want to study in more detail the question of formulating diets for various diseases, then you can also take a dietitian course without medical education.
Nutrition of high acidity gastritis:
- Excluded from diet foods that stimulate the production of hydrochloric acid and stimulate mucous membranes-strong soups (mushrooms, meat, fish), smoked meat, fried foods, spices, pickles, pickles, mushrooms, coffee, strong tea, alcoholic beverages, carbonated water, Fresh butter bakery products.
- Recommended products for high acidity gastritis: boiled meat and fish, boiled eggs, pasta, cereals, stale white bread, milk soup. Vegetables can be stewed or cooked in mashed potatoes and steamed souffle. You can also use Kissel, mousse, jelly, baked apples, cocoa with milk, light tea.
Nutrition of low acidity gastritis:
- Recommended food: low-fat soup, low-fat meat (even fried, but without crusty) soup, low-fat fish, all fresh and not too sour fermented dairy products, different varieties of stale bread, biscuits, vegetables and fruits-waterBoiled and cheese forms, milk, eggs-raw and fried eggs, various cooked grains, fruit and vegetable juices, butter, tea, coffee, cocoa.
For the sake of clarity, I will list the allowed foods for gastritis in the table:
What is acceptable in a high acidity gastritis diet?
|Baked apple/pear, banana, orange, persimmon, kiwi, avocado|
|Chinese cabbage, carrots, beets, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, cucumber, pepper, celery, tomato, potato|
|Wild rice, buckwheat, whole wheat oatmeal, quinoa, millet; flour-almonds, rice, a vegetable, buckwheat, coconut|
|Rabbit, turkey, chicken, quail, veal|
|Low fat (dorada, pelengas, pike perch, hake, etc. ) and fat (salmon, salmon, perch, trout, perch, etc. )|
|Rice or buckwheat bread, gluten-free bread, rice or soba noodles, white old bread, white bread croutons|
|Oil, nuts, seeds:|
|Olive, linseed, coconut, avocado, sesame, pumpkin oil, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds|
|Hard cheese, butter, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk|
|Chicken, quail-boiled egg rolls|
What is acceptable in a low-acid gastritis diet?
|Various raw fruits and roasted|
|Cabbage and other types of cabbage, carrots, beets, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, cucumber, pepper, celery, tomato, potato, radish, white radish, green leafy vegetables, onion, parsley, dill|
|Wild rice, buckwheat, whole grain oatmeal, quinoa, millet;|
|Flour-almonds, rice, a vegetable, buckwheat, coconut|
|Rabbit, turkey, chicken, quail, veal, beef|
|Low fat (dorada, pelengas, pike perch, hake, etc. ) and fat (salmon, salmon, perch, trout, perch, mackerel, etc. )|
|Rice or buckwheat bread, gluten-free bread, rice or buckwheat noodles, various old breads|
|Oil, nuts, seeds:|
|Olive, flax seed, coconut, avocado oil, sesame, pumpkin|
|Walnuts, almonds, cedar, pistachios, pecans, Brazil; pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds|
|Milk, cheese in casserole/cheesecake form, kefir, yogurt, fermented baked milk, yogurt, hard cheese, butter, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk|
What is the diet for gastritis?
- Three meals a day. Three main meals and two snacks.
- Food preparation methods-boiling, stewing, steaming, baking in a sleeve, sour soup. Do not bake until golden brown. Fry in a nonstick pan or baking parchment paper.
- Fire cooking and grilling are unhealthy ways.
- Drink water 30 minutes before meals or 40 minutes after meals.
- Before use, nuts (except pine nuts and pistachios) should be soaked in water for at least three hours or overnight, and then dried before eating.
- The diet should contain oily fish 1-2 times a week.
- You can eat eggs 3-4 times a week in your diet.
- After the heat treatment, 80% of the gastritis vegetables with high gastric acid content should be included in the diet. For gastritis with low acidity, heat-treated raw vegetables are 50%, and vegetables are 50%.
- The first dish is cooked in the second or third soup.
Approximate diet for gastritis
Breakfast 7. 00
- 2-3 egg omelet and vegetables.
- Oatmeal in almond milk with bananas and nuts.
- Buckwheat porridge (+ 5g butter), served with steamed turkey steak, vegetable salad and olive oil.
- Cooked wild rice (with 5 grams of butter) and cooked chicken fillet, vegetable salad and linseed oil.
- Quinoa with vegetables (+ 5 grams of butter), stewed rabbit.
Snacks 10. 00
- Baked apples with walnuts.
- Roasted pears with almonds.
Lunch 13. 00
- Pumpkin puree soup, cooked turkey tenderloin.
- Wheat porridge (+ 5g coconut oil), beef stew, boiled beets.
- Buckwheat porridge (+ 5g coconut oil), grilled fatty fish, zucchini caviar.
- Mashed potatoes with milk and butter, steamed chicken steak, vegetable stew with pumpkin and vegetables.
- Potato soup with chicken broth, rice, grits from boiled chicken.
Snacks 16. 00
- Almond milk.
- Natural yogurt.
- Cheese casserole.
- Steam pancakes.
- Kefir 1%.
Dinner 19. 00
- Steamed low-fat fish and stewed vegetables.
- Steam fish steak with vegetable casserole.
- Stewed rabbit with vegetable stew.
- Avocado and cabbage salad, cucumber and seafood.
- Rice, seafood and grilled vegetables.
How to eat gastritis? to sum up.
- An accurate diagnosis is needed-gastritis with high or low gastric acid content. There is also atrophic gastritis. The nutrition of gastritis depends on its form.
- Five meals a day of any form of gastritis. You don't need to eat more, but three meals a day will aggravate the symptoms of gastritis.
- Food preparation plays a key role. Even for healthy people, food cannot be fried into golden brown.
- The nutrition of gastritis during exacerbation is different from the above nutrition. Follow the advice your doctor will give you during the worsening period.
- With the help of nutrition, chronic gastritis can be continuously relieved.