It seems easy to lose weight. As long as you adhere to a strict diet and actively exercise, the excess weight will disappear. But this weight loss method is not always effective and safe. As long as there are indications for implementation, you can lose weight by following basic rules or resorting to bariatric surgery without harming your health.
Safety rules and tips for weight loss
In order to lose weight safely and effectively, you must follow certain rules. Following them strictly, it is easy to say goodbye to being overweight. All you need is:
- Lose weight slowly. The human body needs to replenish energy every day, which is necessary for normal functioning. If it stops flowing, the coordination of internal organs and systems will be disturbed, which may lead to various pathologies. The standard is to reduce 1-2 kg per month, not more. This safe weight loss will not affect your health in any way.
- Include healthy fats (unsaturated) in your diet: fish oil, olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc. They are involved in the secretion of hormones, promote rapid satiety, and improve the function of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Count calories. You can get rid of excess weight without affecting your personal food preferences. Calculating the calorie content of food will help you lose weight correctly. Because of its complexity, many people reject this technique. However, only by reasonably restricting calorie intake can you balance your diet and lose weight.
- Speed up your metabolism. Over the years, the rate of metabolism in the body has decreased, and it is not as actively consuming calories as before. In order to speed up weight loss and lose weight safely, you need to: always maintain adequate sleep, prevent hunger, participate in sports, and ensure that you eat foods rich in complex carbohydrates for breakfast. You also need to quit smoking and quit any type of alcohol.
- Observe the drinking system. To start the weight loss process without compromising your health, you need to drink at least 1. 5 liters of water a day. It has the ability to accelerate metabolism, break down fat and reduce appetite. Any weight loss method means the prohibition of carbonated drinks and other sugary drinks.
- Reduce sugar intake. Refusal to use this product can lead to rapid weight loss, because 90% of food contains it. But you should not get rid of it completely. The body needs natural sugars (from fruits and berries), but refined sugars are not healthy.
Nutritionists recommend using green tea instead of black tea. Studies have shown that this drink contains many antioxidants, which help burn fat and accelerate metabolism.
In order to lose weight safely, you should give up a strict diet. Strictly restricting food intake will have a negative impact on the function of the entire body. In addition, after a strict diet, all the weight lost will be restored in record time. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet, weight loss will be effective and safe.
Exercise can help you lose weight without harming your health. A quick way to lose weight is to exercise and diet at the same time. Exercise not only helps increase muscle mass and remove excess fat, but also improves cardiovascular function:
- Dumbbell lunge——An effective way to exercise the pelvic area and hips.
- Squat. These are great exercises to lose weight in the fight against extra centimeters, not only on the hips, but also on the waist, because all muscle groups are involved during exercise.
- Strengthen the back muscles. Few people know that with the help of special exercises for the back, you can lose weight. They not only help to burn fat, but also help build a strong muscle frame.
- News of work. Abdominal muscle exercises can help you lose weight and shape a slim profile. You can get the relief you need in your lower abdomen by creating a load on this part of your body. The popular exercises "biking" and "plank" perfectly cope with this task.
- push ups. It is recommended to be included in each exercise and one of the basic exercises performed regularly. This type of physical activity is useful for people of any age.
Combining push-ups with running or brisk walking (Scandinavia) can speed up your metabolism. Therefore, it will lose excess weight faster.
When choosing physical activity, keep in mind that obesity (BMI over 30) exercise should be monitored by a specialist. This is because when you are overweight, your body's load increases significantly. Physical activity can cause pain in the joints and spine and increase the risk of high blood pressure (hypertensive crisis), stroke, heart disease and other diseases.
The exercise group of obese patients should be individually selected and administered. Experts prescribe the load based on physical data, general health status, presence or absence of accompanying diseases, human abilities, and specific goals.
List bariatric surgery
Effective diets, physical exercises, and other methods to solve the problem of overweight do not always bring the desired results. This is because most people cannot consistently eat correctly and follow a regular exercise regimen. The extra weight began to grow rapidly. It is no longer possible to prevent weight gain only through proper nutrition. To reduce weight, surgeons use several types of surgical treatments.
It consists of placing a silicone ring (band) on the upper part of the stomach. The organ is divided into two parts. Food first enters the first small part of the organ, passes through the narrow passage in the ring area, and then enters the main part of the stomach. Because of the bandage, the food is kept in the first part, so a person will be full quickly after eating a small part. Tying is a reversible operation and the ring can be removed if necessary.
The essence of the operation is to separate the digestive tract so that the food mass enters the distal part immediately without entering the duodenum. The surgeon cuts off part of the stomach to form a pouch up to 50 ml. Suture the remaining organ-it will not be removed from the abdominal cavity. An anastomosis is established between the "new" stomach and part of the small intestine. Due to the reduction of the stomach, a person will not be able to eat the usual portion. Food needs to take a detour, and its decomposition and absorption of nutrients takes place much later than before the operation.
One of the most popular and effective bariatric surgery methods. During the operation, 80% of the stomach was removed by removing the bottom and main body of the organ. A long and thin sleeve still exists, which is why this method is called sleeve gastroplasty in another way. The size of the organ has shrunk by nearly 10 times. The food block, passing through the narrow passage, lingers in the stomach for a long time. The result is a quick feeling of fullness.
After treatment, the digestion process will not be disturbed, because all the physiological valves of the organ are retained. The operation is irreversible-it is impossible to restore the previous organ size. It is used for diabetic patients with 3rd degree obesity. The risk of complications is extremely low.
It can be called an improved version of the classic vertical gastrectomy. The essence of surgery is also to reduce the size of the organ, but not to remove it, but to suture the wall. Part of the stomach is shut off from the digestion process. The treatment result is the same as that of sleeve surgery. The process is reversible within 12 months.
Biliary Pancreatic Shunt
A complex operation, accompanied by a large-scale anatomical reconstruction of the digestive tract. Its purpose is to reduce the absorption of nutrients in the small intestine. In the first stage, the stomach is resected to a volume of approximately 200 ml. In the next one, in the duodenal area, the small intestine is severed and its last segment is sutured to the "new" stomach. The other-the transition area from the small intestine to the large intestine.
As a result of complex operations, the food bolt moves in one direction, while the digestive juices are in the other direction. They are located almost at the exit of the large intestine. The treatment effect is very good-the patient can quickly lose excess weight. As a result of treatment, due to gastrectomy, food intake is reduced and nutrient absorption is reduced.
Unlike the previous method, it is not surgery-it is not performed through a laparoscope, but through an endoscope. This procedure has short-term effects. The essence of the balloon is to install a silicone ball filled with a solution that is safe for the body into the stomach. With the help of an endoscope, it is inserted into the stomach and filled with fluid through a valve.
It occupies most of the organs, and it does not allow one person to eat a lot. The balloon is pressed on the stomach wall and activates the receptors for satiety, quickly suppressing hunger. The process is reversible; after six months, the ball must be removed or replaced with a new one.
Effectiveness of bariatric surgery
So far, bariatric surgery is the most effective way to lose excess weight with a body mass index of more than 30. The weight will lose in 1-2 years. Surgery helps those who cannot limit their food and go to the gym for a long time to find a new life.
Positive results after surgery were observed without exception. The fear of food decomposition disappeared, and people became more confident in their abilities and got rid of the complex. The effect of weight loss depends not only on the surgery, but also on the patient. After the operation, you must strictly follow all the doctor's recommendations. Ideally, take vitamin supplements and follow your diet, eating only healthy foods. To stay healthy, exercise regularly.
Surgical intervention not only helps to reduce weight, but also helps restore health: metabolism improves, blood pressure and blood sugar levels return to normal.
The limits of surgical treatment depend on the type of surgery. Usually the following conditions are contraindications:
- mental illness;
- Under 16 years old;
- Dependence on alcohol and drugs;
- Chronic infectious diseases;
- Severe diseases of cardiovascular and pulmonary system;
- Malignant tumor
- Violation of the coagulation system;
- Pathology of the digestive system.
Choosing slimming surgery is a difficult and responsible task. Like any surgical intervention, it has certain risks. Therefore, bariatric surgery is performed according to strict indications.
The main principle of safe weight loss is to maintain energy balance throughout your life. It is useless to "sit" once a month with water or other diet. You need to change your taste habits forever and learn to eat as much food as your body needs to work properly. Then the problem of overweight will disappear forever.